Infant Cream Recipe
This homemade infant cream works great for eczema and diaper rash. It's simple to prepare, it's natural and it has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Note: Following the recipe is a list of where to buy the ingredients.
- 1/4 cup pure organic shea butter
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil CTPG
- 15 drops melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil CTPG
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil CTPG
The pure organic shea butter and organic virgin coconut oil can be purchased at a health store like Well.ca. For the essential oils, we recommend doTERRA as they are the purest in the world and are Health Canada approved.
- Fill a saucepan halfway full with water and heat the water over medium-high heat but do not boil.
- In a jar add the shea butter and the coconut oil.
- Place the jar in the saucepan until the oils melt.
- Remove the jar and allow it to cool slightly on the counter before you add the essential oils. It’s okay if the mixture is warm when you add the essential oils but it should not be hot.
- Mix the lavender into the coconut/shea butter mixture and put the jar in the fridge to get firm.
Note: This cream will liquefy if your house is warm, so you may decide to keep it in the fridge. Keeping your eczema cream cool will also feel good to your little one’s hot inflamed skin.
Apply liberally to any affected area of the skin.